Many high school and graduate students find CV building a daunting task. Specifically, the 1st & 2nd-year college students don't have the clarity in which field they want to make a career, and because of a lack of proper guidance, they end up losing opportunities.
A good CV has crisp and clear details displaying your education, internships, hard and soft skills, etc covered within 1 page.
Our CV expert in Younity recommends creating 4 to 5 types of CVs focusing on different skill sets and job opportunities when preparing for placement.
Here are five categories of CV:
2. Marketing CV: Working as an event coordinator in your college society counts as a marketing skill. So, start participating in these kinds of formal and informal activities that will help reflect your marketing skills in your CV.
3. Sales CV: If you are planning to study abroad or apply for a multi-national company, adding an NGO internship to your sales CV helps exhibit communication skills.
5. Business Development CV: Because of a massive rise in employment in this domain, the chances of not finding business development jobs in your placement cell are rare, so it's better to be prepared for it. When making a Business Development CV, use 'proactive' as a keyword.
3 critical points to remember
1. Before applying for any role, read the JD carefully. Upon receiving your CV, the companies run it through software to see if the skills in the job description are matching with your skills in the CV. If the skills match more than 50%, then your CV proceeds forward for screening.
2. Your CV & Interview should be in action verb format. For example: worked hard/handled pressure/developed skills etc.
3. A single typo error in your CV can create a bad impression on the interviewer and put all your work in the drain. To avoid typo errors, print out the CV and read it word by word.
Tip: Read your CV in backward order to avoid even the possible typo error.
At Younity, our professional mentors have helped in guiding and counseling thousands of students to land their first job! Join India’s largest student community.